Friday 11 March 2016

'New aesthetic'


This week I decided to make some 'New Aesthetic' images in Photoshop. This was the result of a few inspirations and a challenge I set upon myself. I wanted to try and generate art entirely within Photoshop, not based on any other images or drawings. Instead I used gradients, patterns, textures and effects to make this series.


I like the pixellated, cheesy graphics and I think they look really quite digital in that slightly shit-over-produced kinda way. pastel gradients, drop shadows and lo rez textures.

'New Aesthetic' borrows from a lot of styles but there is quite a big influence from 90s and 80s. I'll write another blog post about it. This one is smoother and less gritty.


Detail.. if you zoom in you can see the pixels. Andy was talking to me about printing things out massive on multiple sheets of paper and sticking them together... possibly collaging it!


'Oil'


And to top it off, some typography!
I've continued doing these and have been enjoying it. I consider these images somewhat like digital sketches. Or maybe painting or collages...  or something else?
I have been trying this challenge of art generated purely within a program with Adobe After effects, a popular video effects software. I will also post these here on the blog and also show how I save them online.

No comments:

Post a Comment