Thursday 7 April 2016

Facebook Projections.


Two days before our Easter Holidays I really wanted to have something to show for my ideas about combining people with their facebooks. I wanted to film classmates all on facebook in silence in the dark but that was proving hard to organise. No one was in Greg's classroom so I slipped in with a camera and tripod, logged onto the classroom PC and turned the projector on. After a few test films on myself I went and talked to Louis, Gil and Nabeel, described my thoughts on what your facebook newsfeed can say about you and they were all willing to participate!
I captured about two minutes of each of them standing in the middle of the shot, I didn't really tell them how to be but just standing there and looking around a bit was what they did and it worked for me!


I have only just got round to putting these videos up onto this blog and was pulling them up in Adobe Premiere Pro to export I couldn't help but have a bit of an experiment! First off, I sliced each of the videos into lots of smaller chinks with the idea that I'd intersperse them all to make the overall video a bit more entertaining for the audience. The logic behind really short snippets was because people have short attention spans nowadays from just sitting on facebook. Then of course I couldn't help but experiment some more! (because it's late and I'm meant to be in college tomorrow).

I tried dividing the videos in the middle of the screen so that we could see different things going on at once. This is already more entertaining and has more 'depth'. I then looked into the cheesy transitions available, played around with them. I liked the 'Random Blocks' transition the best with its pixelly look so I tried pushing the effect of that transition to make it even more entertaining! The final part with all the different blocks of Gil was exciting for me to take a few screenshots!


I really like these stills, especially together in a 3. They are pixelly collages of light and hues, motion blur and text.

In Premiere Pro. This is how the interface looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment